The Greatest Hits of Music is a 2-hour weekly syndicated music radio show, which focuses on great rock and pop songs from the 60â€™s, 70â€™s, 80â€™s, 90â€™s together with todayâ€™s biggest hits.
The Greatest Hits of Music:
- Is programmed especially for weekend primetime listening.
- Is focused on upbeat, â€œhappyâ€, songs, and is aimed at an audience of 25+, who want feel-good songs of their lifetime, but donâ€™t want to be stuck only in a retro tunnel of golden oldies.
- Offers a superb package of uplifting and familiar tunes, together with new and surprising hits.
- Plays the best songs from todayâ€™s UK and US Top 40, with occasional surprising chart-toppers from elsewhere around the world.
- Is delivered as 2 x 60â€, either to fill the 2 hours exactly running 120â€ or, since each hour includes 4 commercial break points, the show can be adapted for â€œshorterâ€ hours (with news at start).
- Is easy to insert, commercials, public service ads, or local station jingles into each programme.
- Is hosted by James Ross (BBC, LBC, RTHK etc.) playing back-to-back songs, with minimum chat.
- Has just enough chat to give the show personality, and wrap the music into a light-hearted â€œfriendlyâ€ mix, ideal for a Saturday/Sunday morning or afternoon slow, or upbeat late-night slot.
- Occasional musical quiz questions supplement the hits, together with short snippets of topical entertainment news, and relevant updates about live music gigs around the world etc.
- Works for any territory, and the chat assumes only that the listener is local to the affiliate station, and would naturally expect the show to be locally-produced.
- Features a diverse selection of artistes includingâ€¦ Buddy Holly, Carly Rae Jepsen, Cee Lo Green, Chic,Â Chris Farlowe, Christopher Cross, Coldplay, Culture Club, Daft Punk, David Guetta, Del Amitri, Diana Ross, Dire Straits, Donna Summer, Doobie Brothers, Duran Duran,Â Eddie Cochran, Eddie Rabbit, Elkie Brooks, ELO, Elton John, Emeli Sande, Enrique Iglesias, Erasure, Esther Philips, Eurythmics, Floyd Cramer, Foreigner, Four Seasons, Fun feat. Janelle Monae, Gary Barlow, George Benson, George Michael, Gladys Knight & the Pips, Hall & Oates and many more.
- Is already broadcast around the world by radio stations in the UK, Spain, Australia etc.
Want to know more?
ClickÂ hereÂ to find out!
About the presenter…
James Ross presents The Greatest Hits Of Music every week, with a focus on the biggest and best songs from through the years â€“ Great songs that you remember, and some youâ€™ve forgotten!
James has beenÂ broadcasting one way or another since he was a scruffy teenager. He’s been aÂ DJ, producer, TV presenter, journalist, reporter, operations managerÂ and distribution manager at numerous radio and TV stationsÂ in the UK and around the world. Somehow radio and TV is â€œin his bloodâ€, and throughout his career heâ€™s had close links with many aspects of broadcasting.
JamesÂ startedÂ out in BBC Local Radio, working at BBC Radio Solent, BBC LondonÂ and BBC Radio Bristol, mixed with spells at Radio Top Shop. He was then, for many years, behind the scenes at BBC Radio One, and then as a reporter at BBC Radio Two and LBC News Radio. His reporting specialty was travel shows, and for this he travelled all over the world to record radio programmes about destinations such as Barbados, Egypt, Cyprus, Hungary, Sweden, China, Japan, the U.S, and many othersâ€¦ an exotic and fun job which he lovedâ€¦ perhaps not surprisingly!
James has also been lucky enough to work closely, while at the BBC, with numerous celebrities – Â as diverse as the Pet Shop Boys, the Rolling Stones, Jeremy Clarkson, Simon Bates, Alan Freeman, Terry Wogan – and many othersâ€¦ With a slightly different hat on, James played key roles both in front and behind the camera atÂ financial network Bloomberg Television in Tokyo and Hong Kong. In this role he saw at close hand the rise and fall and rise again of Asiaâ€˜s economies.
Back on the entertainment side James has also worked for UK broadcaster ITV working to expand shows such as Ant and Decâ€™s Saturday Night Takeaway and Iâ€™m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here to a global audience. But itâ€™s music radio that is his first love, and in the radio world heâ€™s also presented shows for top radio stations all over the world, including those in countries as diverse as Spain, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Thailand etc..
Rather than focus on one particular era The Greatest Hits Of Music plays the biggest and best hits from the sixties right up to todayâ€™s hits. The show is about the strength of the artistes, and the familiarity of their songs. Itâ€™s about the best-produced, and most-uplifting hits from through the years, all mixed together with occasional songs from charts around the world, music and showbiz news, and a bit of light fun and banter.